0.4e - 6th December 2019
- Fixed bug with options and reloading the game
- Fixed bug preventing certain equipment pieces from being obtainable
- Changed look and feel of the options panel
0.4c and 0.4d - 2nd December 2019
- Added a new option "Run on background". This will prevent the game from pausing when the browser tab is out of focus.
- Added a new option to select framerate (15, 30 and 60fps options).
- Changing the ability to run on the background, the screen ratio or the FPS doesn't trigger a game restart anymore.
- Balance pass on current story missions: reduce the required stage to complete to a maximum of 30, but with an increased difficulty on initial levels.
0.4b - 25th November 2019
- Changed notifications to come from the top and follow the same design throughout the game.
- Credits are now added to the global pool during the mission. You can toggle between current mission XP and global XP by clicking on the XP area on the top bar during a mission.
- Ships can be levelled up during missions.
- Ships require a click to fire. Each click fills the number of available rounds. After firing all the rounds you need to click again. You can click sooner to fill the manual rounds.
- Manually firing deals 100% of the calculated damage.
- New Upgrade: Auto fire - Ships fire automatically dealing 20% of the calculated damage. Starting cost of 1 point, maximum level of 5 (at which point it will deal 100% of calculated damage).
- Once Auto fire is unlocked, you can still click the ship to add manual rounds. Doing so will increase the damage dealt, adding the manual damage (base 100%) and the auto fire damage (base 20%).
- New Upgrade: Auto loader - Increased the number of manual rounds a ship has by 100%. Starting cost of 2 points, maximum level of 3.
- Ability to reset the upgrades and get all used points refunded.
0.4 - 24th November 2019
- Added mission difficulties. Next difficulty is available when the previous one has been completed.
- Hard mode doubles enemy HP, Damage and XP earned. Insane mode triples enemy HP, Damage and XP earned.
- Added the ability to get equipment boxes using earned XP
- Added a maximum level to some of the ship equipments (others remain unlimited)
- New achievement: Freeplay - Will it even end? - Complete stage 500 in free play. Awards 5 points.
- New equipment for Stargazer: Smart projectiles - Increases ship damage by 0.5% but decreases HP by 0.05%.
- New equipment for Bruiser: Aggressive stance - Decreases enemy hp by 0.05hp but also decreases the global damage reduction bonus by 0.1hp.
- New equipment for Relief: Armor stasis field - Increases HP of all ships by 0.4% but decreases global attack speed by 0.1%.
- New Upgrade: Practice makes it perfect - Reduces the ship bonus interval by 5% (currently only applies to the Relief bonus effect). Starting cost of 3 points, maximum level of 5.
0.3c - 11th November 2019
- Fixed several formulas when calculating bonuses.
- Ship stats (attack, attack speed, health, DPS and damage reduction) on the Mission selection screen and Main menu ship screen only use the ship's own equipment and upgrade bonuses. Bonuses given by other ships are not considered. During gameplay, those values are calculated using all the active ships bonuses.
0.3b - 7th November 2019
- Mission will automatically continue (Try again option) after 10 seconds.
- XP earned on a repeating level will be decreased by 90% rounded up.
- New background color for Free play mission to be more prominent.
- Changed labels on main menu to Global XP and during a battle to Mission XP to clarify they are different pools.
- Added an indicator if ships can be leveled up, both in the main menu and in the ship screen (an * on the top right of the ship image).
0.3 - 7th November 2019
- If supported, the game will send a notification to the browser when all ships are disabled or when the mission is completed. Can be disabled in options.
- Chapter 1 missions and story.
- Different backgrounds that change during missions.
- Starting a mission has an option to auto fill the slots with available ships.
- Free play mission type - upon reaching level 50, subsequent restarts can start at 90% of the maximum level reached, rounded down (if you reach level 100, you can start the mission at level 90).
- Single drop rate probability for equipment. Starts at 10% and can be raised by the global bonuses (and is visible on the Statistics menu).
- Equipment drop changes: first time you kill a boss at a specific level below or equal to the required mission level, it is a guaranteed drop (if the mission requirement is 30 levels, every boss on the first 30 levels have a guaranteed drop). Subsequent plays of the same mission, or bosses above the required level use the global drop rate probability.
- Free play missions don’t have a cut off level, so every boss killed for the first time is a guaranteed drop.
- Game speed, projectiles speed, enemy and player ship stats, xp earned and enemy spawn rate updated.
- New enemies added.
- New projectiles added.
- New sound effects added.
- New music added.
- New ship screens on main menu and during gameplay, with clearer information about the ship details and available equipment.
- Ships come with a certain number of slots for equipment. Some slots are locked and require the player to level up the ship to unlock.
- Equipment can be equipped at any time and only equipped items give bonuses.
- All ships have a global bonus.
- Equipment can be upgraded once it reaches a certain level. Higher quality items provide stronger bonuses.
- Completing missions and achievements awards upgrade points. These can be used to unlock and improve bonuses.
- Added several achievements that once completed award upgrade points.
- Completed and in progress are separated in two tabs.
- Ability to export and import a save.
- Several bugs fixed, including some that prevented the game from work in Safari.
- About section added with information about assets used and links about the game.
0.2 - 16th October 2019
- Player ships are now part of the canvas, which improves collision detection and will allow interesting things in the future
- Player ships move left and right (might randomise this at a later build - I'll be honest, I forgot about it on this build...)
- Enemies shot at a specific player ship, however the x axis is random. This is to try to compensate for the movement, but also means the enemies can miss a lot (or hit the neighbour ship)
- Two aspect ratios to choose from: 9:16 and 3:4
- Improve readability of text (new font for numbers and darken background where needed)
- Popup when all ships have been disabled, to ask to continue or finish mission
- Popup when the required level is reached, if the player wants to finish the mission or continue
- Add firing to support ships
- Review enemy dps and health to compensate for the extra player damage [On going, but improved]
- Added game speed options of 1x up to 5x
- Fixed not being able to scroll the pages that didn't fit the screen
- Squash any bugs found so far
0.1 - 15th October 2019
- New fonts, sounds, background music and parallax backgrounds
- New enemy ships, explosions and projectiles
- New UI look
- Wider play window
0.0 - 9th October 2019